Cleaning & Preservation #3
It is most important you have your dress cleaned as soon as possible. Any spill, stains or ground it marks from the special day will “set” and the longer they are left the harder they will be to remove. So whether your keeping the dress as a special memory or planning on selling, as specialist cleaners we recommend you get the dress cleaned and boxed as soon as possible.
How much will it cost to clean my Dress?
Wedding Dresses come in a variety of shapes and sizes, some are plain some are heavily detailed with beading and embroidery, some have no underskirts and some have 5 or more, some don’t have a train some have long trains, some are plain satin and some are made of the finest silk. For these reasons it is impossible to estimate the cost of cleaning without see the dress. What we recommend is you bring your dress into our premises and let our staff examine and price accordingly. Alternatively we ask if you can forward some pictures of the dress showing a front view, a back view and a description of the dress (how many underskirts, what material it is made from, how long the train is, etc.) we can then send you an accurate cleaning cost.
Getting your dress to us
You can bring the dress into our premises personally or alternatively we can arrange for our national courier service to collect the dress from anywhere in the UK and deliver it to us for cleaning and restoration. Once completed we can arrange for them to return your dress to you in the knowledge they are fully insured and covered for any eventuality.
How long will it take to clean the dress?
Generally the full cleaning and restoration process takes 10 – 14 days but depending on the condition of the dress and if you are using the courier service it can take up to 21 days. If you are in need of quicker service it maybe worth calling our Office Angels and seeing if they can arrange something to meet your requirements.
- The dress is examined and any stains, marks, soiling are identified
- These stains are then treated and remove by pre-spotting
- From here the dress goes into the gentle cleaning process
- We then inspect the dress after cleaning to make sure all marks, stains, etc. have been removed. If there are still marks apparent we re-treat and re-clean as part of the service at no extra cost.
- Your dress is then left to dry naturally so no shrinkage occurs
- We undertake a final examination once dryed to ensure the dress is clean it then goes to our Finishing Department to be steam finished
- Once it has hung and cooled, the dress is then boxed and packaged ready for return
What Boxing and Packaging Service do you offer?
We have 3 types of boxing and packaging services to meet your requirements:
- Boxing– We have custom made woven, breathable Wedding Dress Boxes. These are to allow the dress to breath and stop it from “sweating”. Any moisture in the dress can quickly form into mold if the dress isn’t allowed to breath so this is why our custom made Wedding Dress Boxes are used to eliminate this from happening. We also use acid free tissue paper in packaging the dress to stop and “discolouration” and to protect the dress a little more. This service is generally used when storing the dress or transporting
- Dress Bags– Again custom made woven, breathable Wedding Dress Bags to allow dress to breath. This service is widely used when storing for short periods, dropping off / collecting the dress to protect it from stains, spills, etc.
- Poly Cover– A plastic cover (same as used by dry cleaners) to protect this dress when transporting from the premises to home. We do not recommend the dress is kept in this for periods over 24 hours as it will “sweat” and there is a good chance mold will occur.
As well as cleaning Wedding Dresses we can also clean Bridesmaid Dresses, Veils, Shoes, Tiaras, Trains, Jackets/Stoles, etc.
If you have any query about our service please call our Office Angels or complete the Contact Us form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.